Buy the infinix hot online at konga.com

Friday 11 July 2014

Woman was told to stop breastfeeding her son at swimming pool in case he 'contaminated' the water

Rebecca Hough was swimming with 10-month-old Max in Liskeard, Cornwall, when he became hungry - so she got out of the pool, moved a few steps away and began feeding him.
But the 23-year-old said she was told to retreat further to the changing rooms and not come back for half an hour in case Max was sick.

Ms Hough, from Torpoint, Cornwall, complained the intervention by a manager at the Lux Park Leisure Centre left her feeling angry and embarrassed.
'He's a breast fed baby and always has been,' she said. 'I got in the pool and he was a bit unsettled, so I decided to give him a really quick feed, as more of a comfort thing than anything else, rather than a full feed.

'I went to the side of the pool and up some steps away from the pool. I noticed the lifeguard go onto his walky talkie, and then a manager came out to speak to me.
'They told me I would have to leave and not come back until the milk had digested.
'The pool wasn't busy and I wasn't showing off my boobs, but they asked me to sit in the changing rooms.

'I just said it was fine, but I was a bit embarrassed and when I left and got home I started to get a bit angry.'

No comments:

Post a Comment