Buy the infinix hot online at konga.com

Friday 18 July 2014

[Boxing] Floyd Mayweather dares Marcos Maidana to put his money where his mouth is

Floyd Mayweather tried to goad Marcos Maidana into betting his share of the purse on the outcome of their Las Vegas rematch.
The pound-for-pound No 1 told the Argentine to put his money where his mouth is ahead of the September 13 clash as the welterweights faced the world's media in New York's Times Square on Monday.
Mayweather boasted that he expects to earn $70million (£41m) while Maidana pocketed $1.5m (£900,000) for their first fight in May, plus his share of the pay-per-view sales.

Rematch: Mayweather and Maidana meet again after their last fight ended in a decision for the championFace-off: Mayweather (left) and Maidana pose on Pedestrian Walk in Times Square, New York on Monday
Mayweather said: 'Since I know I’m probably making about $70m... he believes in his skills and I believe in my skills.
'So however much you’re making for the fight, I’ll bet you I’ll beat you. That’s how much I believe in myself because I can afford to give up whatever.
So if you believe in your skills like you say you believe in your skills, however much you’re making for the fight, I’ll bet I beat you.
'If he believes in his skills, bet the fight. Either you’re going to bet or not.'
Mayweather struggled to deal with the rugged 30-year-old at the MGM Grand earlier this year but eventually ground out a majority decision.
And the undefeated 37-year-old took a swipe at Maidana's tactics.
He added: 'Am I fighting a boxer or am I fighting an MMA fighter? What I can’t believe is this is one of the best trainers in the world but he’s telling his fighter to fight dirty.
Favourite: Mayweather high-fives fans on his arrival at the Times Square eventPerfect record: A Maidana fan believes her man can deliver Mayweather's first career defeat

No comments:

Post a Comment