Buy the infinix hot online at konga.com

Monday 15 September 2014

Obafemi Martins seeks Nigeria recall

Nigeria international Obafemi Martins has said that he would be honoured to get a recall to play for the Super Eagles.
The Seattle Sounders forward who got his 13th goal of the season in Sounder’s 3-2 home victory over Real Salt Lake on Friday has only been invited twice in the last three years.
Martins who has never hidden his passion to play for the Eagles feels his invitation will only be justified if he continues with his inspiring showing in the Major Soccer League.
"I said at the start of the season if I was doing well for Seattle and scoring goals, I’d have a chance with Nigeria,” he told BBC Sport.
"But firstly, I want to play regularly here and try to help Seattle Sounders win a trophy.”

The weapon of mass destruction however hopes he can earn him a place in the squad for October’s double header against Sudan with qualification for the 2015 African Cup of Nations looking very slim.
 "It’s the coach’s decision to invite players but if I can get a recall to the national team, I’ll be honoured,” he added.
"I just need to continue my form here in the United States, give my all to this club and let other things happen naturally.
"I love my country and I always want Nigeria to do well with me in the squad or not.
"If I get another chance, great, and if not, I can only wish my country all the best,” he concluded.
He has played 39 games for Nigeria scoring 18 goals in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment