Buy the infinix hot online at konga.com

Tuesday 10 December 2013

5 Things We Learned About Idris Elba & Michael B. Jordan On ‘Next Chapter

                                                                        Michael B. Jordan on Oprah
This past Sunday, Oprah was all smiles as she welcomed Hollywood heartthrobs and The Wire alumni Idris Elba and Michael B. Jordan to her couch as part of OWN’s Oprah’s Next Chapter.   During the sit-down the two actors dished on their roles in “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” and “Fruitvale Station,” but we were also able to learn a few personal things about the two.
For starters, the ladies may be disappointed to know that Idris Elba is taken, but no worries, Michael B. Jordan is single and ready to mingle.  The 26-year-old revealed that he just went through a breakup.
Idris Elba is also expecting a baby [congrats!!!], however, it’s a bittersweet moment for him since he is still grieving over a very personal loss in his family.
Catch a few interesting things we learned below.....


1) Idris recently lost his father :
My dad passed in the last three months. It’s interesting because this film is in honor of my old man. He had lung cancer and he had it for a short period of time and I had been living in LA up to last year, and last year my dad got sick so I moved back to England so that I could be closer to him. We got him in the best health care we could but it had advanced so quickly that we didn’t know it. Africans think cancer is something that does not happen to us. My mother was like, ‘Cancer? no way… African people don’t get cancer!’

2) Idris has been promoting the Mandela film and hasn’t had the chance to grieve properly

“I’m afraid I’ll probably fall apart to be honest. He was such a tough man. He would expect me to get on a bit. I’m human, I guess I should sit back.
[Oprah: If you haven't grieved have you at least made your peace with it?]
Not exactly.[...]I call my mom’s house, the answering machine is still my dad. The thing about his lung cancer is that it took his voice away when he was going but the answering machine is his full voice. Two things happen: I’m super sad when I hear that and I’m also really happy that it’s still there. It’s the only bit of his voice that I have as a reminder. It reminds me.”

3) Idris is having a baby! 

Yes, my girlfriend is having a baby.  We realized [she was pregnant] around the time my old man was going. It’s the weirdest sort of thing.
4) Michael B. Jordan’s first time wearing a tux and tie was at the Cannes Film Festival and he borrowed a suit from his show to go to prom
I went to prom. Actually, the suit I wore to prom was wardrobe from All My Children. I was on the show at the time and Erica Kane and Jackson Montgomery got married and I took that suit I wore it to prom.  That suit was my prom suit and me and my date got into a little thing because it didn’t match her color. I was like ‘Look, this is all I got!’”
5) Michael has never been in a relationship up until recently
It’s crazy, I’ve never had a girlfriend, for the most part. Up until recently. I’ve had girls that I’ve dated, that I’ve had deep feelings for over the years but…
I believe in karma. I have a sister. I never really wanted to do females wrong. You can’t act like that.
[OprahSo you wouldn't want any woman any differently than you would want a man to treat your sister.]
One hundred and ten percent. It’s easier said than done sometimes. We are men and sometimes we fall victim of our own hard wiring. I’m single now, I just got out of a relationship which is interesting. That was like my first real girlfriend as an adult. I learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment