Buy the infinix hot online at konga.com

Thursday 25 September 2014

'I'm a woman and a mother and I want to reach out to women': Victoria Beckham

Victoria Beckham today told how she wanted to make a difference to the women of the world as she was made a UN goodwill ambassador for an AIDS charity. 
The former Spice Girl told a press conference at the United Nations building in New York that she was ‘honoured’ to be made an ambassador for their UNAIDS campaign.
Beckham – who missed the opening of her London store to be there – said she felt her public profile meant she had a duty to do more about woman’s health.


Mrs Beckham says she wants to go 'further afield' next year in her role as an ambassador
At the press conference in New York, she said: ‘I am mother and I am a woman. 
'I will do whatever I can to raise awareness. I feel very passionate about this. I recently visited South Africa and was so touched by the women I met and felt inspired. I came home and I knew I had to do something

'It's taken me to get to 40 to realise I have a responsibility as a woman and as a mother
'For some reason people will listen to me. This is the beginning of an incredible journey for me
'I have people mentoring me. I am going back to South Africa in a few weeks and then further afield next year.  
The fashion designer said she was 'honoured' to be made an ambassador for their UNAIDS campaignThe former Spice Girl said: 'For some reason people will listen to me. So I can speak on behalf of these women'

No comments:

Post a Comment